Over the past few years, I have seen that digital skills and technologies have become increasingly essential to all industries and areas of commerce and there has been a sustained surge in the demand for digital marketing experts to fill these vital gaps. The successful businesses require successful marketing. The world today is rapidly growing digital. People are using more and more digital content on a daily basis on their mobiles phones and their laptops, and desktop computers at works.
Why is it so important?
Digital marketing is not a rapidly growing force in the current marketing playing field, it is said to be the future of marketing, and it also seems like that digital media world will soon replace more traditional forms. But our old generation will no doubt lament the demise of paper-based newspapers, books, communication methods, and traditional TV, and radio broadcasts. Today’s generations who have grown up with the internet and mobile phones as a god given right are already embracing the brave new world of digital consumption. The main reasons to go digital are that the digital marketing is faster, versatile and it involves practical activities.
Some of the key forms benefits of digital marketing are as follows:
- Email Marketing
- Social Marketing (twitter, whatsapp, facebook)
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Video Content
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
- Websites and CEO Content
First of all, digital marketing is infinitely more affordable than the traditional marketing methods. With the help of email and media campaigns, for example, one can transmit a marketing message to consumers for the merest fraction of the cost of a TV and print campaign and potentially reach a wider audience. One of the main benefits of conducting your marketing digitally is the ease with which it results can be tracked and monitored. In a case of conducting an extensive customer research, you can view customer response rates and measure the success of your marketing campaign more effectively for the next one.
The most important skills in digital marketing are:
1) Data Analysis is the most important skills in digital marketing in 2017. This data analysis skill allows a marketer to answer the most important question: Is this working? This results in most effective and targeted campaigns, and enhanced customer personas, and higher customer retention, among numerous other benefits.
2) Basic HTML/CSS Knowledge basic experience with these two skills is another top digital marketing skill for 2017. Your marketing team needs to create a website from scratch, but having marketers on your team with basic coding skills will help your business present messages more clearly through visual designs.
3) Marketing Automation Tool Mastery today’s business are starting to rely more heavily on automation because it allows their digital marketing teams to do better work in much less time, all while making the company media. The automated emails, content marketing, media campaigns generate more and better leads and more sales.
So what are you waiting for? Get going to make the most of the digital marketing techniques to make your business grow high!